Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name LYZOP Has Generic Salt :: Zopiclone
- 2 LYZOP Is From Company HETERO HC. Priced :: Rs. 38
- 3 LYZOP have Zopiclone is comes under Sub class Sedatives , Hypnotics of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Sedatives , Hypnotics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name LYZOP Has Generic Salt :: Zopiclone
LYZOP Is From Company HETERO HC. Priced :: Rs. 38
LYZOP have Zopiclone is comes under Sub class Sedatives , Hypnotics of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Sedatives , Hypnotics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: 7.5 mg at bed time. Increased to 15 mg in severe insomnia. Elderly: 3.75 mg at bed time. Child: Not recommended.
Myasthenia gravis; respiratory failure; severe sleep apnoea syndrome; severe hepatic impairment; pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Hepatic and renal insufficiency; elderly; psychiatric disorders; history of drug abuse. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Limit treatment duration to <4 wk to minimise risk of dependence and tolerance. Avoid abrupt discontinuation of therapy. Drug Side Effects ::
Metallic or bitter aftertaste; irritability, confusion, depressed mood, aggressiveness, incoordination, anterograde amnesia, mild increase in LFTs, drowsiness, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting, urticaria, rashes.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Zopiclone is a cyclopyrrolone derivative with hypnotic and sedative actions, anticonvulsant and muscle relaxant properties similar to benzodiazepines. It binds to a site in the GABA-A-benzodiazepine-chloride channel macromolecular-receptor complex which is different from that of the benzodiazepine binding site.
Drug Interactions ::
Reduced hypnotic effect with phenytoin and carbamazepine. Increased drowsiness and incoordination with TCAs. Increased CNS depressant effect with alcohol and other CNS depressants. Decreased zopiclone concentration with rifampicin. Possible increase in zopiclone concentration with CYP3A4 inhibitors e.g. erythromycin, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir.