Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name MELOSET Has Generic Salt :: Melatonin
- 2 MELOSET Is From Company Aristo Priced :: Rs. 29.82
- 3 MELOSET have Melatonin is comes under Sub class Sedatives , Hypnotics of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Sedatives , Hypnotics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name MELOSET Has Generic Salt :: Melatonin
MELOSET Is From Company Aristo Priced :: Rs. 29.82
MELOSET have Melatonin is comes under Sub class Sedatives , Hypnotics of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Sedatives , Hypnotics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Disturbed biorhythms, Sleep disorders, Insomnia, Osteoporosis, In menopause to regulate sleep patterns in peri or postmenopausal women, To correct the symptoms of anorexia, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children, In sarcoidosis and jet lag.
Drug Dose ::
Adult: Insomnia: 3-6 mg one hour before bedtime Jet lag: 0.5 to 5 mg one hour prior to bedtime at final destination or, 1 to 5 mg 1 hour before bedtime for 2 days prior to departure and for 2 to 3 days upon arrival at final destination. Sarcoidosis: 20 mg per day for 4 to 12 months. Depression: 0.125 mg twice in the late afternoon, each dose 4 hours apart. Difficulty falling asleep: 5 mg 3 to 4 hours before an imposed sleep period over a 4-week period. Children (6 months to 14 years of age with sleep disorders): 0.3 mg/day
Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Epilepsy
Drug Side Effects ::
Increased seizure activity; drowsiness, headache. Disruption of normal circadian rhythm. May worsen symptoms for individuals with depression.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Melatonin is the hormone secreted by the pineal gland. In humans, the plasma levels of melatonin are high at night and low during the day and it appears to have a role in circardian rhythm regulation.
Drug Interactions ::
Quinolones; carbamazepine, rifampicin; fluvoxamine, 5- or 8-methoxypsoralen, cimetidine, cigarette smoking, oestrogens. Alcohol; zalepon, zolpidem, zopiclone; thioridazine, imipramine.