Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name MIGRATAN Has Generic Salt :: Sumatriptan
- 2 MIGRATAN Is From Company Dabur Ph. Priced :: Rs. 55
- 3 MIGRATAN have Sumatriptan is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name MIGRATAN Has Generic Salt :: Sumatriptan
MIGRATAN Is From Company Dabur Ph. Priced :: Rs. 55
MIGRATAN have Sumatriptan is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Migraine, Cluster headache
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Migraine >18 yr: 50-100 mg, repeat 2 hrly if migraine recurs. Max: 300 mg/24 hr.
Not to be used prophylactically and in patients with basilar or hemiplegic or ophthalmoplegic migraine. History of MI or stroke, severe hepatic impairment, ischaemic heart disease, uncontrolled hypertension, peripheral vascular disease, hypersensitivity to sulfonamides.
Drug Precautions ::
Conditions predisposing to seizures, presence of coronary risk factors, cardiac arrhythmias, renal or hepatic impairment, elderly, pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Transient hypertension, hypotension, dizziness, flushing, fatigue, drowsiness, weakness, seizures, nausea and vomiting, heat, tightness in any part of body, paraesthesia, seizures, inj site reactions, irritation of nasal mucosa and epistaxis. Rebound headache with frequent use. Potentially Fatal: Cardiac arrhythmias, MI.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Sumatriptan is a selective serotonin agonist that acts at 5-HT1 receptors. It causes vasoconstriction of cranial arteries and/or inhibition of neurogenic inflammatory processes in the CNS. A small but significant delay in gastric emptying also occurs.
Drug Interactions ::
Concurrent use increased risk of vasospastic reaction with ergotamine and related compounds. Potentially Fatal: Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with concurrent use of SSRI, MAOIs or within 14 days of stopping MAOIs. Admin of ergotamine or related compounds within the previous 24 hr.