Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name MYSULFAN Has Generic Salt :: Busulphan
- 2 MYSULFAN Is From Company CH.Bhagat Priced :: Rs. N.I.
- 3 MYSULFAN have Busulphan is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name MYSULFAN Has Generic Salt :: Busulphan
MYSULFAN Is From Company CH.Bhagat Priced :: Rs. N.I.
MYSULFAN have Busulphan is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Chronic myeloid leukaemia, Bone marrow transplantation, Polycythemia vera, Essential thrombocythemia,
Drug Dose ::
Oral Palliative treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia Adult: 60 mcg/kg daily. Maintenance: 0.5-2 mg daily. Max: 4 mg daily. Polycythemia vera Adult: 4-6 mg daily continued for 4-6 wk with blood counts monitoring. Essential thrombocythemia Adult: 2-4 mg daily. Conditioning regimens for bone marrow transplantation Adult: 3.5-4 mg/kg daily in divided doses for 4 days up to a total dose of 14-16 mg/kg. Usually used with cyclophosphamide for ablation of recipient’s bone marrow.
Pregnancy and lactation. Hypersensitivity.
Drug Precautions ::
Prior treatment with other myelosuppressive drugs, patients predisposed to seizures. May cause secondary malignancies (tumors, acute leukaemias, ovarian failure). Previous irradiation/therapy. Monitor blood counts carefully during therapy. Discontinue if lung toxicity develops.
Drug Side Effects ::
GI symptoms, anorexia, wt loss, weakness, hyperpigmentation, amenorrhoea, cataracts, cough or hoarseness, impaired fertility and gonadal function, dry skin, liver damage, gynaecomastia. Potentially Fatal: Bone marrow depression manifesting as thrombocytopaenia, leucopaenia, anaemia. Interstitial pulmonary fibrosis (known as busulfan lung” on prolonged treatment).”””
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Busulfan reacts with N-7 position of guanosine and interferes with DNA replication and RNA transcription by alkylating and cross-linking the DNA strands.
Drug Interactions ::
Decreased clearance when used with cyclophosphamide and itraconazole. Increased clearance by phenytoin. May reduce response to vaccines, possibility of generalized infections with live vaccines. Combination with thioguanine results in oesophageal varices and abdominal liver function tests. Potentially Fatal: Cytotoxic agents may increase risk of pulmonary toxicity.