Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name NINDRAL Has Generic Salt :: Flurazepam
- 2 NINDRAL Is From Company Torrent Priced :: Rs. 13.8
- 3 NINDRAL have Flurazepam is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name NINDRAL Has Generic Salt :: Flurazepam
NINDRAL Is From Company Torrent Priced :: Rs. 13.8
NINDRAL have Flurazepam is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Oral Short-term management of insomnia Adult: 15-30 mg at night. Child: >15 yr 15 mg at night. Elderly: Max: 15 mg at night.
Hypersensitivity; porphyria. Pregnancy (3rd trimester); neonates.
Drug Precautions ::
Chronic pulmonary insufficiency; elderly or debilitated patients; muscle weakness, impaired liver or kidney function; drowsiness may affect skilled tasks; monitor cardio-respiratory function when used for deep sedation; personality disorders or organic brain changes; history of alcohol or drug addiction. Respiratory depression and hypotension with parenteral admin. Dependence; lactation. Safety and efficacy are not proven in children <15 yr. Drug Side Effects ::
Drowsiness and lightheadedness, sedation, muscle weakness and ataxia; less frequently vertigo, headache, confusion, depression, slurred speech, changes in libido, tremor, visual disturbances, urinary retention, GI disturbances, changes in salivation and amnesia.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Flurazepam is a long-acting benzodiazepine which binds to stereospecific benzodiazepine receptors on the postsynaptic GABA neuron w/in the CNS, including the limbic system, reticular formation. It enhances the inhibitory effect of GABA on neuronal excitability by increasing neuronal membrane permeability to Cl ions, thus resulting in hyperpolarisation and stabilisation.
Drug Interactions ::
May enhance CNS depressant effect w/ antidepressants, antipsychotics, general anaesth, hypnotics or sedatives, opioid analgesics. Flurazepam clearance may be reduced by cimetidine, and may be increased by rifampicin.