Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name NITRAZ Has Generic Salt :: Nitrazepam
- 2 NITRAZ Is From Company TRITON(CALYX) Priced :: Rs. N.I.
- 3 NITRAZ have Nitrazepam is comes under Sub class Sedatives , Hypnotics of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Sedatives , Hypnotics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name NITRAZ Has Generic Salt :: Nitrazepam
NITRAZ Is From Company TRITON(CALYX) Priced :: Rs. N.I.
NITRAZ have Nitrazepam is comes under Sub class Sedatives , Hypnotics of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Sedatives , Hypnotics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Nitrazepam||SR TAB||Rs. N.I.||10-Oct|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO 5 mg at bedtime; increase to 10 mg if needed.
Myasthenia gravis, narrow-angle glaucoma, severe respiratory insufficiency, sleep apnoea syndrome, severe hepatic impairment, porphyria.
Drug Precautions ::
May induce anterograde amnesia; caution patients to have uninterrupted sleep of 7-8 hr after ingestion of dose. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Depression, especially if suicidal risk may be present. History of drug abuse or acute alcoholism. Hepatic and renal impairment. Respiratory disease. Debilitated patients. Patients who are at risk of falls. Children, elderly. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Hypotension, palpitation; agitation, aggressiveness, amnesia, ataxia, confusion, delusions, disorientation, dizziness, fatigue, hallucination, hangover, headache, irritability, nightmares, psychoses, rage, restlessness, sedation; rash; changes in libido; constipation, diarrhoea, excessive salivation, heartburn, nausea, vomiting; granulocytopenia, leukopenia; falling, muscle weakness; blurred or double vision; tinnitus (associated with withdrawal); aspiration, increased bronchial secretion, dyspnoea.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Nitrazepam is a benzodiazepine with a pronounced sleep-inducing activity. It depresses the reticular-activating system in the brainstem by enhancing the inhibitory effect of GABA on brain cells, thus preventing excessive brain activity.
Drug Interactions ::
CNS depressant effect increased with alcohol, barbiturates, TCAs, phenothiazines, morphine derivatives. Effects may be antagonised by theophylline. Increased levels/effects with probenecid. Reduced levels/effects with rifampicin. May reduce effects of levodopa.