Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name NUZIDE-M Has Generic Salt :: Gliclazide
- 2 NUZIDE-M Is From Company Intas Priced :: Rs. 35
- 3 NUZIDE-M have Gliclazide is comes under Sub class Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name NUZIDE-M Has Generic Salt :: Gliclazide
NUZIDE-M Is From Company Intas Priced :: Rs. 35
NUZIDE-M have Gliclazide is comes under Sub class Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Type 2 DM
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Initial: 40-80 mg/day, increase slowly if needed. Doses >160 mg/day may be given in 2 divided doses.
Type 1 DM, diabetes complicated with ketoacidosis; hypersensitivity; severe renal and hepatic impairment. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Monitor blood glucose concentration. May require insulin during metabolic stress. Care when transferring from combination therapy. Increased risk of severe hypoglycaemia in elderly, debilitated patients, patients with hepatic or renal impairment. Risk of hypogylcaemia when caloric intake is deficient, after strenuous exercise, when taken with ethanol or when >1 antidiabetic drug is used.
Drug Side Effects ::
GI disturbances, skin reaction, leucopenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, haemolytic anaemia, cholestatic jaundice, vomiting, diarrhoea, gastritis, increased transaminases.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Gliclazide stimulates insulin secretion from pancreatic ?-cells, reduces insulin uptake and glucose output by the liver, and increases insulin sensitivity at peripheral target sites. It decreases microthrombosis by partial inhibition of platelet aggregation and adhesion, and by restoring fibrinolysis w/ an increase in tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA) activity.
Drug Interactions ::
May increase hypoglycaemic effect w/ phenylbutazone. Potentiation of blood glucose lowering effect w/ other antidiabetics (e.g. acarbose, insulins, metformin), ?-blockers, ACE inhibitors, H2-receptor antagonists, MAOIs, sulfonamides, clarithromycin and NSAIDs. Chlorpromazine, glucocorticoids, ritodrine, salbutamol and terbutaline may cause increases in blood glucose levels. May diminish hypoglycaemic effect w/ danazol. May increase anticoagulant effect of warfarin. Potentially Fatal: Increased hypoglycaemic effect w/ miconazole