Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name OPTIPRES Has Generic Salt :: Betaxolol
- 2 OPTIPRES Is From Company Cipla Priced :: Rs. 29.25
- 3 OPTIPRES have Betaxolol is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name OPTIPRES Has Generic Salt :: Betaxolol
OPTIPRES Is From Company Cipla Priced :: Rs. 29.25
OPTIPRES have Betaxolol is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Betaxolol||DPS||Rs. 29.25||5 ML|
Indications for Drugs ::
Glaucoma, Ocular hypertension
Drug Dose ::
Ophthalmic Open-angle glaucoma Adult: Instil 1 drop of 0.25% or 0.5% solution bid. Ocular hypertension Adult: Instil 1 drop of 0.25% or 0.5% solution bid.
Hypersensitivity. Sinus bradycardia, cardiogenic shock, overt cardiac failure. Pregnancy .
Drug Precautions ::
DM, renal or hepatic impairment. May mask signs of hypoglycemia & hyperthyroidism. Gradual withdrawal is recommended. Children. Lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Topical use in eye: Mild ocular stinging and discomfort, usually transient and well-tolerated. Rarely, decreased corneal sensitivity, erythema, itching, keratitis and photophobia reported;
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Betaxolol is a cardioselective Beta-blocker which has greater affinity for ?1-receptors and has little or no effect on ?2-receptors. It lacks intrinsic sympathomimetic but has little membrane-stabilising activity. It also causes the reduction of intraocular pressure by decreasing the production of aqueous humour.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased risk of bradycardia w/ digitalis glycosides. May cause mydriasis w/ epinephrine. Potential additive effect w/ oral Ca channel blockers, ?-adrenergic blockers, antiarrhythmics (including amiodarone), parasympathomimetics, guanethidine. Increased risk of myocardial depression and hypotension w/ peripheral muscle relaxants (e.g. tubocurarine).