Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name OXYSPAS Has Generic Salt :: Oxybutynin
- 2 OXYSPAS Is From Company Cipla Priced :: Rs. 80.52
- 3 OXYSPAS have Oxybutynin is comes under Sub class Drugs Acting on Bladder of Main Class Genito Urinary System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Genito Urinary System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs Acting on Bladder
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name OXYSPAS Has Generic Salt :: Oxybutynin
OXYSPAS Is From Company Cipla Priced :: Rs. 80.52
OXYSPAS have Oxybutynin is comes under Sub class Drugs Acting on Bladder of Main Class Genito Urinary System
Main Medicine Class:: Genito Urinary System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs Acting on Bladder
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO 2.5-5 mg 2-3 times/day. Max: 5 mg 4 times/day if needed. Extended-release Initial: 5 mg once daily, increase slowly if needed. Max 30 mg/day.
GI obstruction or atrophy, severe toxic megacolon, significant bladder outflow obstruction, glaucoma, urinary retention.
Drug Precautions ::
Elderly; hepatic or renal impairment; neuropathy; hyperthyroidism; prostatic hyperplasia; hiatus hernia; cardiac disease, reflux oesophagitis, ulcerative colitis, myasthenia gravis; pregnancy and lactation. High environmental temperature might cause heat prostration (fever with heat stroke due to decreased sweating).
Drug Side Effects ::
Dry mouth, constipation, nausea, abdominal pain; blurred vision; headache, dizziness, drowsiness; dry skin, rash; photosensitivity, diarrhoea, insomnia, palpitation, weakness, dry eyes, confusion, hypertension, UTI, dyspepsia.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Oxybutynin exerts direct antispasmodic effect on the smooth muscle by inhibiting the muscarinic action of acetylcholine. It exhibits moderate anticholinergic effect, but has potent antispasmodic effects on urinary smooth muscle.
Drug Interactions ::
Co-administration with other anticholinergic drugs may cause undesirable increased anticholinergic effects. Additive sedation with CNS depressants and alcohol. Concentration may be increased by CYP3A4 inhibitirs (e.g. imidazole antifungals, macrolide antibiotics).