Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name OXYTETRACYCLINE Has Generic Salt :: Oxytetracycline
- 2 OXYTETRACYCLINE Is From Company Wockhardt Priced :: Rs. 15.32
- 3 OXYTETRACYCLINE have Oxytetracycline is comes under Sub class Tetracyclines of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Tetracyclines
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name OXYTETRACYCLINE Has Generic Salt :: Oxytetracycline
OXYTETRACYCLINE Is From Company Wockhardt Priced :: Rs. 15.32
OXYTETRACYCLINE have Oxytetracycline is comes under Sub class Tetracyclines of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Tetracyclines
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Acne, Susceptible infections, Uncomplicated gonorrhoea, Gnathostomiasis, Superficial ophth infections
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Susceptible infections 250-500 mg 4 times/day. Max: 4 g/day. Acne 250-500 mg twice daily. Uncomplicated gonorrhoea Initial: 1.5 g, then 0.5 g 4 times/day, up to a total of 9 g/treatment course. IM Susceptible infections 250 mg once daily.
Hypersensitivity to tetracyclines, children <8 yr, renal damage. Pregnancy, lactation. Drug Precautions ::
Elderly, renal or hepatic impairment; myasthenia gravis; lupus erythematosus, children <12 yr. Drug Side Effects ::
Anorexia, nausea, vomiting,diarrhoea, glossitis, dysphagia, photosensitivity, oesphageal irritation and ulceration, nephrotoxicity, enterocolitis, rash (rare), blood dyscrasias. Headache, visual disturbances; intracranial hypertension; bulging fontanelles (infants). Potentially Fatal: Rare. Fulminant diarrhoea in post operative patients.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Oxytetracycline binds reversibly to the 30S and possibly 50S ribosomal subunits, thus inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis and arresting cell growth. It is active against a wide range of gram-positive and gram-negative organisms.
Drug Interactions ::
Antacids, iron, aluminum, calcium, magnesium, zinc salts reduce absorption. Concurrent use may cause increased levels of lithium, digoxin, halofantrine and theophylline; decreased concentrations of atovaquone. Increased risk of ergotism with ergot alkaloids. May cause failure of oral contraception. Potentially Fatal: Interferes with anticoagulant control. Nephrotoxic effects exacerbated by diuretics, methoxyflurane or other nephrotoxic drugs; avoid concurrent use with potentially hepatotoxic drugs. Increased incidence of benign intracranial hypertension with retinoids.