Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name P-MIDE Has Generic Salt :: Pyrazinamide
- 2 P-MIDE Is From Company Aristo Priced :: Rs. 57.5
- 3 P-MIDE have Pyrazinamide is comes under Sub class Drugs for Tuberculosis of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Tuberculosis
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name P-MIDE Has Generic Salt :: Pyrazinamide
P-MIDE Is From Company Aristo Priced :: Rs. 57.5
P-MIDE have Pyrazinamide is comes under Sub class Drugs for Tuberculosis of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Tuberculosis
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Oral Tuberculosis Adult: As part of a multidrug regimen: For standard unsupervised 2-mth treatment: <50 kg: 1.5 g daily; >50 kg: 2 g daily. For intermittent supervised 2-mth treatment: <50 kg: 2 g 3 times wkly; <50 kg: 2.5 g 3 times wkly. Child: As part of a multidrug regimen: For standard unsupervised 2-mth treatment: 35 mg/kg daily. For intermittent supervised 2-mth treatment: 50 mg/kg 3 times wkly. Hepatic impairment: Severe: Contraindicated. Contraindication ::
Hypersensitivity; existing liver disease; acute gout or hyperuricaemia. Porphyria. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Diabetes, renal failure, history of gout, children. Monitor liver function and serum uric acid regularly.
Drug Side Effects ::
Hepatotoxicity (hepatomegaly, splenomegaly and jaundice may develop and in rare case fulminating acute yellow atrophy and death). Anorexia, nausea, vomiting, arthralgia, malaise, fever, hyperuricaemia, abnormal LFT, skin rashes. Potentially Fatal: Severe liver damage, fulminant hepatitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Pyrazinamide may be bacteriostatic or bactericidal in action, depending on the concentration of the drug attained at the site of the infection and the susceptibility of the infecting organism. Its activity appears to partly depend on conversion of the drug to pyrazinoic acid (POA), which lowers the pH of the environment below that which is necessary for growth of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Susceptible strains of M. tuberculosis produce pyrazinamidase, an enzyme that deaminates pyrazinamide to POA, and the in vitro susceptibility of a given strain of the organism appears to correspond to its pyrazinamidase activity.
Drug Interactions ::