Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name P-ZOCINE Has Generic Salt :: Pentazocine
- 2 P-ZOCINE Is From Company Csc Ph. Priced :: Rs. N.I.
- 3 P-ZOCINE have Pentazocine is comes under Sub class Opioid Analgesics of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Opioid Analgesics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name P-ZOCINE Has Generic Salt :: Pentazocine
P-ZOCINE Is From Company Csc Ph. Priced :: Rs. N.I.
P-ZOCINE have Pentazocine is comes under Sub class Opioid Analgesics of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Opioid Analgesics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Moderate to severe pain
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO 50-100 mg 3-4 hrly. Max: 600 mg/day. IV/IM/SC 30-60 mg 3-4 hrly. Rectal As 50 mg supp: 1 supp ?4 times/day.
Head injury; narcotic dependence; respiratory depression; raised intracranial pressure; MI; heart failure; arterial or pulmonary hypertension; porphyria; pregnancy (prolonged use or high doses at term).
Drug Precautions ::
May precipitate withdrawal in narcotic addicts. Impaired respiratory, renal and hepatic function; morbidly obese patients; thyroid dysfunction; prostatic hyperplasia or urinary stricture; biliary tract impairment; adrenal insufficiency (including Addison’s disease); abdominal conditions. Elderly or debilitated patients; seizure-prone patients; children and infants (safety and efficacy not established in <1 yr); lactation. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Administer IM rather than SC (when frequent inj are needed) and inj sites should be varied. Drug Side Effects ::
Physical dependence; sedation, dizziness, euphoria, lightheadedness, alterations of mood; respiratory depression; visual hallucinations, disorientation, confusion; hypertension, tachycardia, circulatory depression; shock; hypotension; nausea, vomiting, constipation; seizures, diaphoresis; rash; blood dyscrasias; local tissue damages (SC), muscle fibrosis (IM). Potentially Fatal: Respiratory depression, hypotension, circulatory failure, deepening coma, convulsions.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Pentazocine is a benzomorphan derivative with mixed opioid agonist and antagonist actions. It alters perception of and response to pain and produces generalised CNS depression by binding to opiate receptors in the CNS and acting as a partial agonist/antagonist.
Drug Interactions ::
Depressant affects potentiated by alcohol, CNS depressants; concurrent use with fluoxetine may lead to diaphoresis, ataxia flushing and tremor associated with serotonin syndrome.