Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PERTI Has Generic Salt :: Pefloxacin
- 2 PERTI Is From Company Dr.Reddy’S Priced :: Rs. 42.12
- 3 PERTI have Pefloxacin is comes under Sub class Quinolones of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Quinolones
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PERTI Has Generic Salt :: Pefloxacin
PERTI Is From Company Dr.Reddy’S Priced :: Rs. 42.12
PERTI have Pefloxacin is comes under Sub class Quinolones of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Quinolones
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Susceptible infections, Gonococcal urethritis, Acute uncomplicated cystitis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Susceptible infections 400 mg twice daily. Acute uncomplicated cystitis in women; Gonococcal urethritis in men Single dose of 800 mg.
Hypersensitivity to quinolones, children <12 yr, pregnancy, lactation. Drug Precautions ::
Underlying CNS disease; hepatic disease; renal impairment. Avoid sun exposure, may cause severe sunburn.
Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea, vomiting, gastric pain, dizziness, insomnia, allergic skin reactions, thrombocytopaenia, leukopenia/neutropenia, photosensitisation, arthropathy, muscular pain, headache, delusions, depression, hallucinations, hepatic dysfunction.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Pefloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibacterial that exhibits its bactericidal action by inhibition of DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV which are needed for bacterial DNA reproduction.
Drug Interactions ::
Reduced absorption with antacids, didanosine (DDI), iron salts, pirenzepine, sucralfate, vincristine, zinc salts; increased levels with cimetidine, probenecid, theophylline; increases the levels of cyclosporine; causes seizures with foscarnet, NSAIDs, piroxicam; hypoglycemia with glimeperide; antagonistic with quercetin.