Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PREGDOX Has Generic Salt :: Doxylamine
- 2 PREGDOX Is From Company Radix Bio. Priced :: Rs. N.I.
- 3 PREGDOX have Doxylamine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PREGDOX Has Generic Salt :: Doxylamine
PREGDOX Is From Company Radix Bio. Priced :: Rs. N.I.
PREGDOX have Doxylamine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Itching, Sneezing, Watery eyes, Runny nose, Common cold, Insomnia, Hypersensitivity reactions
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Hypersensitivity reactions 25 mg 4-6 hrly. Max: 150 mg/day. Insomnia 25 mg 30 mins before bedtime.
Severe liver disease; avoid alcohol; premature infants or full-term neonates.
Drug Precautions ::
May impair ability to drive and operate machinery. Angle-closure galucoma, urinary retention, prostatic hypertrophy or pyloroduodenal obstruction; epilepsy; hepatic impairment. Elderly. Lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Acute dystonic reactions and long-lasting impaired consciousness in child. CNS depression including slight drowsiness to deep sleep, lassitude, dizziness, incoordination. Headache, psychomotor impairment and antimuscarinic effects. Rarely rashes and hypersensitivity reactions, blood disorders, convulsions, sweating, myalgia, extrapyramidal effects, tremor, confusion, tinnitus, hypotension, hair loss.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Doxylamine is an antihistamine derived from monoethanolamine possessing antimuscarinic and pronounced sedative effects.Competes for H1-receptor sites on target cells; has anticholinergic effects, which depresses labyrinthine function, blocks chemoreceptor trigger zone, and diminishes vestibular stimulation.
Drug Interactions ::
Doxylamine enhances effects of CNS depressants eg alcohol, barbiturates, hypnotics, opioid analgesics, anxiolytic sedatives and antipsychotics. Atropine, tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), MAOIs. It can mask signs of ototoxicity caused by aminoglycosides. INH, penicillamine and OC require greater pyridoxine dose. Pyridoxine reduces the effects of levodopa, phenobarb and phenytoin.