Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PRIVENT Has Generic Salt :: Ketotifen
- 2 PRIVENT Is From Company Micro Labs Priced :: Rs. 35
- 3 PRIVENT have Ketotifen is comes under Sub class Anti Histamines and Nasal Decongestants of Main Class Respiratory System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Respiratory System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Histamines and Nasal Decongestants
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PRIVENT Has Generic Salt :: Ketotifen
PRIVENT Is From Company Micro Labs Priced :: Rs. 35
PRIVENT have Ketotifen is comes under Sub class Anti Histamines and Nasal Decongestants of Main Class Respiratory System
Main Medicine Class:: Respiratory System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Histamines and Nasal Decongestants
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Ketotifen||EYE DPS||Rs. 35||5ML|
Indications for Drugs ::
Allergic conjunctivitis, Allergic conditions, Asthma prophylaxis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO: Tablet: Asthma prophylaxis; Allergic conditions 1 mg twice daily, up to 2 mg twice daily if needed. Syrup: 6 months to 3 years: 0.25 ml / kg body weight, twice daily (Once in the morning & once in the evening).
Acute asthma attack.
Drug Precautions ::
May impair tasks requring mental alertness e.g. driving or operating machinery. History of epilepsy. Pregnancy and lactation. Children <3 yr. Drug Side Effects ::
Sedation, drowsiness, dizziness, dry mouth, weight gain, increased appetite, CNS stimulation. Rarely, cystitis. Conjunctival injection, headaches and rhinitis (ophthalmic).
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Ketotifen selectively and noncompetitively inhibits the release of mediators from cells involved in hypersensitivity reactions. It is also a mast cell stabiliser.
Drug Interactions ::
Reduced platelet count with oral antidiabetics. Potentially Fatal: May potentiate CNS effects of sedatives, hypnotics, antihistamines and alcohol.