Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PROCADAX Has Generic Salt :: Ceftibuten
- 2 PROCADAX Is From Company Fulford Priced :: Rs. 349.5
- 3 PROCADAX have Ceftibuten is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PROCADAX Has Generic Salt :: Ceftibuten
PROCADAX Is From Company Fulford Priced :: Rs. 349.5
PROCADAX have Ceftibuten is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Respiratory tract infections, Urinary tract infections
Drug Dose ::
Oral Respiratory tract infections, Urinary tract infections Adult: As dihydrate: 400 mg once daily. Child: >6 mth and ?45 kg: 9 mg/kg/day as a single dose. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 30-49 200 mg once daily. 5-29 100 mg once daily.
Hypersensitivity to cephalosporins.
Drug Precautions ::
Hypersensitivity to penicillins; renal impairment; Porphyria. Monitor renal and haematologic status.
Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea; vomiting; diarrhoea; hypersensitivity reactions; nephrotoxicity; convulsions; CNS toxicity; hepatic dysfunction; haematologic disorders; pain at Inj site (IM); thrombophloebitis (IV infusion); superinfection with prolonged use. Headache. Potentially Fatal: Pseudomembranous colitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Ceftibuten inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis. It is stable to hydrolysis by many ?-lactamases and has greater activity than 1st or 2nd generation cephalosporins against gm-ve bacteria. It is less active in vitro than cefexime against S. pneumoniae.
Drug Interactions ::
Enhanced nephrotoxicity of aminoglycosides. Increased serum concentration w/ probenecid. Decreased serum concentration w/ zinc salts.