Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PROPOTOP Has Generic Salt :: PROPOFOL
- 2 PROPOTOP Is From Company LYKA LABS Priced :: Rs. 178
- 3 PROPOTOP have PROPOFOL is comes under Sub class General Anesthetics of Main Class Anesthetics
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anesthetics Sub Medicine Class :: General Anesthetics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PROPOTOP Has Generic Salt :: PROPOFOL
PROPOTOP Is From Company LYKA LABS Priced :: Rs. 178
PROPOTOP have PROPOFOL is comes under Sub class General Anesthetics of Main Class Anesthetics
Main Medicine Class:: Anesthetics Sub Medicine Class :: General Anesthetics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
General anaesthesia, Sedation
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV Induction and maintenance of general anesth Induction: 40 mg every 10 sec. Maintenance: 4-12 mg/kg/hr or intermittent boluses of 20-50 mg. Child: >8 yr: Induction dose of 2.5 mg/kg. Maintenance dose: 9-15 mg/kg/hr by IV infusion or intermittent bolus inj. Sedation In diagnostic and surgical procedures: Initial: 6-9 mg/kg/hr by infusion. Maintenance: 1.5-4.5 mg/kg/hr. For ventilated patients: 0.3-4 mg/kg/hr. Monitor lipid concentrations if duration of sedation >3 days.
Electroconvulsive therapy, obstetrics. Sedation in children ?16 yr. Pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Paediatrics, elderly, hypovolaemia, epilepsy, lipid disorders, patients with increased intracranial pressure. Avoid rapid bolus doses in high risk patients. Emulsion formulation of propofol 2% should only be used in children >3 yr.
Drug Side Effects ::
Involuntary muscle movements; nausea, vomiting, headache, fever; pain, burning or stinging at inj site. Potentially Fatal: Apnoea, bradycardia, hypotension, convulsions; anaphylaxis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Short-acting, lipophilic sedative/hypnotic; causes global CNS depression, presumably through agonist actions on GABAa receptors.
Drug Interactions ::
Reduce dose if given with nitrous oxide or halogenated anaesthetics. Increased sedative, anaesthetic and cardiorespiratory effects when used with other CNS depressants.