Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name RALISTA Has Generic Salt :: Raloxifene
- 2 RALISTA Is From Company Cipla Priced :: Rs. 101.92
- 3 RALISTA have Raloxifene is comes under Sub class Drugs affecting Bone Metabolism of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs affecting Bone Metabolism
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name RALISTA Has Generic Salt :: Raloxifene
RALISTA Is From Company Cipla Priced :: Rs. 101.92
RALISTA have Raloxifene is comes under Sub class Drugs affecting Bone Metabolism of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs affecting Bone Metabolism
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Post-menopausal osteoporosis, Malignant gastrointestinal stromal tumours
Drug Dose ::
One tablet (60 mg) once daily orally. It can be taken without regard to meal. High fat meal increases the absorption of Raloxifene.
Hepatic & renal impairment.In active or past history of venous thromboembolic events, including deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and retinal vein thrombosis.Hypersensitivity to Raloxifene or any other constituents of the tablet.
Drug Precautions ::
Concurrent Estrogen Therapy: Concomitant use of Raloxifene with systemic estrogens is not recommended.Lipid Metabolism: Concurrent use of Raloxifene and lipid-lowering agents has not been studied.
Drug Side Effects ::
Raloxifene is generally well tolerated. However, a few side effects like hot flushes, leg cramps, and influenza like symptoms, gastro-intestinal disturbances etc may be seen usually during first 6 months of treatment and were not different from placebo.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Raloxifene is a selective oestrogen receptor modulator that has both selective agonist or antagonist activities on oestrogen receptors. It acts as an agonist on bone by preventing bone loss and partially on cholesterol metabolism by decreasing total and LDL cholesterol levels but antagonises oestrogen effects leading to development of breast and uterine cancer.
Drug Interactions ::
Cholestyramine reduces the absorption of raloxifene. Raloxifene with warfarin may reduce the prothrombin response and time. Caution when used in hghly protein-bound drugs such as diazepam, lidocaine and diazoxide.