Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name REDIGREL Has Generic Salt :: PRASUGREL
- 2 REDIGREL Is From Company DR. REDDY’S Priced :: Rs. 150
- 3 REDIGREL have PRASUGREL is comes under Sub class Anti Platelets of Main Class Hematological System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Hematological System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Platelets
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name REDIGREL Has Generic Salt :: PRASUGREL
REDIGREL Is From Company DR. REDDY’S Priced :: Rs. 150
REDIGREL have PRASUGREL is comes under Sub class Anti Platelets of Main Class Hematological System
Main Medicine Class:: Hematological System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Platelets
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Acute coronary syndromes, thrombotic cardiovascular (CV) events, stent thrombosis, unstable angina (UA) or non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI), ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI), Stroke
Drug Dose ::
Treatment should be initiated with a single 60 mg oral loading dose. Continue at 10 mg once daily with or without food. Consider 5 mg once daily for patients < 60 kg. Patients should also take aspirin (75 mg to 325 mg) daily. Pediatric Use: Safety and effectiveness in pediatric patients have not been established Geriatric Use: Patients > 75 years of age who received Prasugrel had an increased risk of fatal bleeding events (1.0%) compared to patients who received clopidogrel (0.1%). Renal Impairment: No dosage adjustment is necessary for patients with renal impairment. There is limited experience in patients with end-stage renal disease. Hepatic Impairment: No dosage adjustment is necessary in patients with mild to moderate hepatic impairment.
Active pathological bleeding such as peptic ulcer or intracranial hamorrhage. Patient with a history of prior transient ischemic attack or stroke
Drug Precautions ::
CABG-related bleeding: Risk increases in patients receiving Prasurel who undergo CABG. Discontinuation of Prasugrel: Premature discontinuation increases risk of stent thrombosis, MI, and death
Drug Side Effects ::
– Bleeding – Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura – Other side effects ( Headache, back pain, dyspnea, nausea, hypertension, bradycardia, rash etc)
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Prasugrel is a prodrug that inhibits platelet activation and aggregation. The active metabolite irreversibly blocks the P2Y12 component of adenosine diphosphate (ADP) receptors on the platelet, which prevents activation of the GPIIb/IIIa receptor complex, thereby reducing platelet activation and aggregation.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased risk of bleeding w/ oral anticoagulants (e.g. warfain), clopidogrel, NSAIDs and fibrinolytics.