Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name REONAM Has Generic Salt :: AZTREONAM
- 2 REONAM Is From Company UNIMARK REM. Priced :: Rs. 840
- 3 REONAM have AZTREONAM is comes under Sub class Other Beta Lactams of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Other Beta Lactams
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name REONAM Has Generic Salt :: AZTREONAM
REONAM Is From Company UNIMARK REM. Priced :: Rs. 840
REONAM have AZTREONAM is comes under Sub class Other Beta Lactams of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Other Beta Lactams
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Cystic fibrosis, Peritonitis, Bacterial infections, UTI, Lower Respiratory Tract Infections, Cystitis, Gonorrhoea, Septicemia, Skin and Skin-Structure Infections, Endometritis, Pelvic cellulitis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV/IM Gm-ve infections 1-8 g/day in divided doses depending on severity. Max: 8 g/day. UTI 0.5-1 g 8-12 hrly. IM Cystitis; Gonorrhoea 1 g as a single dose. Child: and infants >1 wk: 30 mg/kg every 6 or 8 hr; >2 yr: 50 mg/kg every 6 or 8 hr for severe infections. Dose may be given via deep IM inj or slow IV inj or infusion. Doses >1 g should be given via IV route. Max (>2 yr): 8 g/day. Renal impairment: Moderate to severe impairment: Same initial doses, adjust maintenance doses according to the patient’s CrCl. Haemodialysis: A supplementary dose of 1/8 of the initial dose may be given after each session. CrCl (ml/min) 10-30 Maintenance dose: Half of initial dose. <10 Maintenance dose: One-quarter of initial dose. Contraindication ::
Drug Precautions ::
Hypersensitivity to other beta-lactams; renal and hepatic impairment; pregnancy.
Drug Side Effects ::
IV: Phloebitis and thrombophloebitis. IM: Pain and swelling at inj site; diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, altered taste; jaundice, hepatitis, high liver enzymes; long prothrombin time, partial thromboplastin time; rash, urticaria, eosinophilia. Potentially Fatal: Thrombocytopenia, neutropenia; overgrowth of susceptible organisms; pseudomembranous colitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Aztreonam exhibits bactericidal action by inhibiting bacterial cell wall synthesis due to its high affinity for penicillin-binding protein 3 (PBP-3) of gram-negative bacteria. It is highly resistant to hydrolysis by ?-lactamases. It is active against Enterobacteriaceae spp, E. coli, Klebsiella, Proteus, Providencia, Salmonella, Serratia, Shigella and Yersinia spp..
Drug Interactions ::
Concurrent use with oral anticoagulants may increase prothrombin time.