Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name RETAREL Has Generic Salt :: RETAPAMULIN
- 2 RETAREL Is From Company Ajanta Ph. Priced :: Rs. 128
- 3 RETAREL have RETAPAMULIN is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name RETAREL Has Generic Salt :: RETAPAMULIN
RETAREL Is From Company Ajanta Ph. Priced :: Rs. 128
RETAREL have RETAPAMULIN is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|RETAPAMULIN||Rs. 128||10 G|
Indications for Drugs ::
Impetigo, Bacterial skin infections
Drug Dose ::
Impetigo, Bacterial skin infections due to meticillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus pyogenes Adult: As 1% ointment: Apply onto affected area bid for 5 days. Re-evaluate if there is no response after 3 days of treatment. Total treatment area: ?100 cm2 total body surface area. Child: As 1% ointment: ?9 mth: Apply onto affected area bid for 5 days. Total treatment area: ?2% of total body surface area.
Drug Precautions ::
Discontinue use if skin irritation occurs. Prolonged use may result in fungal or bacterial superinfection. Re-evaluate if there is no response within 3 days. Children <9 mth. Pregnancy, lactation. Drug Side Effects ::
Headache, pyrexia, pruritus, eczema, diarrhoea. Application site irritation, pain, erythema, contact dermatitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Retapamulin is a pleuromutilin antibacterial isolated from the fungus Clitopilus passeckerianus. It is a bacteriostatic agent that works by inhibiting biosynthesis of bacterial protein by binding at protein L3 on the ribosomal 50S subunit. It also inhibits peptidyl transfer and blocks P-site interactions at this site, thus preventing the formation of active 50S ribosomal subunits.
Drug Interactions ::
Concurrent application w/ other topical products to the same skin area is not recommended.