Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name RINOX (PAEDIATRIC) % Has Generic Salt :: Oxymetazoline
- 2 RINOX (PAEDIATRIC) % Is From Company Micro Nova Priced :: Rs. 32
- 3 RINOX (PAEDIATRIC) % have Oxymetazoline is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name RINOX (PAEDIATRIC) % Has Generic Salt :: Oxymetazoline
RINOX (PAEDIATRIC) % Is From Company Micro Nova Priced :: Rs. 32
RINOX (PAEDIATRIC) % have Oxymetazoline is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Sinusitis, Hay fever, Common cold, Conjunctival decongestant, Acute or chronic rhinitis, Nasal congestion
Drug Dose ::
Adults and children 6 yrs of age and older : 2-3 drops or sprays in each nostril twice daily for 3-5 days. Children of age 2-6 : 2-3 drops in each nostril twice daily for 3-5 days. Sprays are generally unsuitable for young children because of the small size of their nostrils. The drug is not recommended in children under the age of 2.
Contraindicated in patients hypersensitive to Oxymetazoine Hydrochloride.
Drug Precautions ::
* Prolonged use may result in rebound congestion. * Since oxymetazoline has systemic adverse effects, it should be used with caution in patients with * hypertension, cardiovascular disease or hyperthyroidism or in those receiving MAO inhibitors.
Drug Side Effects ::
* Transient burning, dryness of the nasal mucosa, sneezing. * Nervousness, dizziness, headache. * Hypertension, palpitation or reflex bradycardia.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Oxymetazoline is a direct-acting sympathomimetic which has vasoconstrictor effect on mucosal blood vessels when applied topically and in turn reduces oedema of the nasal mucosa.
Drug Interactions ::
Potentially Fatal: Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs.