Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name AGIFLO Has Generic Salt :: Ornidazole
- 2 AGIFLO Is From Company AGIO PH. Priced :: Rs. 30
- 3 AGIFLO have Ornidazole is comes under Sub class Anti Amoebics of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Amoebics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name AGIFLO Has Generic Salt :: Ornidazole
AGIFLO Is From Company AGIO PH. Priced :: Rs. 30
AGIFLO have Ornidazole is comes under Sub class Anti Amoebics of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Amoebics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Ornidazole||OZ SUSP||Rs. 30||30ML|
Indications for Drugs ::
Surgical Prophylaxis, Amoebiasis, Hereditary angioedema, Trichomoniasis, Anaerobic bacterial infections, Amoebic dysentery
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Amoebiasis 0.5 g twice daily for 5-10 days. Amoebic dysentery 1.5 g once daily for 3 days. Giardiasis 1-1.5 g once daily for 1-2 days. Trichomoniasis 1.5 g once daily for 5 days. Treat sexual partners concomitantly.
Hypersensitivity to ornidazole or to other nitroimidazole derivatives.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal and hepatic impairment. CNS diseases e.g. epilepsy or multiple sclerosis. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Somnolence, headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, tremor, rigidity, poor coordination, seizures, tiredness, vertigo, temporary loss of consciousness and signs of sensory or mixed peripheral neuropathy, taste disturbances, abnormal LFTs, skin reactions.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Ornidazole is a 5-nitroimidazole derivative active against protozoa and anaerobic bacteria. It is converted to reduction products that interact with DNA to cause destruction of helical DNA structure and strand leading to a protein synthesis inhibition and cell death in susceptible organisms.
Drug Interactions ::
May decrease absorption of oral fat-soluble vitamins, amiodarone, propafenone. May decrease plasma levels of ciclosporin. May alter the effects of warfarin (monitor INR). May elevate plasma levels of pravastatin.