Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name BRONCORDIL Has Generic Salt :: Theophylline
- 2 BRONCORDIL Is From Company U S V Priced :: Rs. 10.4
- 3 BRONCORDIL have Theophylline is comes under Sub class Drugs For Asthma,COPD,ARDS of Main Class Respiratory System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Respiratory System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs For Asthma,COPD,ARDS
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name BRONCORDIL Has Generic Salt :: Theophylline
BRONCORDIL Is From Company U S V Priced :: Rs. 10.4
BRONCORDIL have Theophylline is comes under Sub class Drugs For Asthma,COPD,ARDS of Main Class Respiratory System
Main Medicine Class:: Respiratory System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs For Asthma,COPD,ARDS
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Theophylline||XL TAB||Rs. 10.4||10 SR|
Indications for Drugs ::
Asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, Bronchospasm, Apnoea
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO: usually controlled release tablet 12 hourly or as directed by the physicians. 10-15mg/Kg/day, 2 times daily. Child: 1-6 months: 10mg/Kg/day, 6 m-1 year: 15mg/Kg/day, 1-9 years: 24mg/Kg/day, 10-l6 years: 18mg/Kg/day, in divided doses.
Hypersensitivity to xanthine derivatives, porphyria.
Drug Precautions ::
Smoking and alcohol consumption can increase the clearance of Theophylline and a higher dosage may be necessary.Careful monitoring is recommended for patients with congestive heart failure, chronic alcoholism, hepatic dysfunction or viral infections as they may have lower total clearance of Theophylline which could lead to higher than normal plasma levels.Caution should be exercised in patients with hyperthyroidism, cardiac arrhythmia, hypertension or other cardiovascular diseases.
Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, headache, insomnia, dizziness, anxiety, restlessness, tremor, palpitations.Potentially Fatal: Convulsions, cardiac arrhythmias, hypotension and sudden death after too rapid IV inj.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Theophylline competitively blocks phosphodiesterase which increases cAMP tissue concentrations causing bronchodilatation, diuresis, CNS and cardiac stimulation, and gastric acid secretion.
Drug Interactions ::
Other xanthines. Theophylline clearance reduced by high dose allopurinol, some antiarrhythmics, cimetidine, disulfiram, propranolol, methotrexate, aciclovir, mexiletine, pentoxifylline, tacrine, ticlopidine, fluvoxamine, interferon-?, macrolide antibiotics, quinolones, oral contraceptives, thiabendazole and viloxazine. Theophylline clearance increased by phenytoin, anticonvulsants, ritonavir, rifampicin, sulfinpyrazone, aminoglutethimide, barbiturates, ipriflavone, cigarette smoking. Concurrent use decreased lithium, alprazolam levels. Increased risk of arrhythmias with ephedrine, sympathomimetic, general anaesthetics. Increased heart rate with tadalafil.