Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name CAPETA Has Generic Salt :: CAPECITABINE
- 2 CAPETA Is From Company Cytomed(Alkem) Priced :: Rs. 1440
- 3 CAPETA have CAPECITABINE is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name CAPETA Has Generic Salt :: CAPECITABINE
CAPETA Is From Company Cytomed(Alkem) Priced :: Rs. 1440
CAPETA have CAPECITABINE is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Breast cancer, Colorectal cancer, Gastric cancer, Oesophageal cancer
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Colorectal cancer; Breast cancer 1.25 g/m2 twice daily for 14 days followed by a 7-day rest period. Treatment duration for colorectal cancer: 6 mth. Gastric cancer W/ platinum-based compd: 1 g/m2 twice daily for 14 days, followed by a 7-day rest period. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 51-80 No adjustment needed. 30-50 Reduce dose to 950 mg/m2 bid when starting dose is 1.25 g/m2 bid. No dose adjustment is needed when starting dose is 1 g/m2. <30 Avoid use. Contraindication ::
History of severe and unexpected reactions to fluoropyrimidine therapy; severe renal impairment; pregnancy, lactation. Hypersensitivity.
Drug Precautions ::
Hepatic dysfunction, bone marrow suppression, poor nutritional status, warfarin therapy. Child, elderly, prior extensive pelvic radiation or alkylating therapy. Moderate renal impairment; CBC with differential; monitor hepatic and renal function. Discontinue use if intractable diarrhoea, stomatitis, bone marrow suppression or MI develops.
Drug Side Effects ::
Diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting, stomatitis, palmar-plantar syndrome, dermatitis. Fatigue, mucosal inflammation, pyrexia, asthenia and lethargy; headache, dizziness and insomnia; lower limb oedema, anorexia, dehydration. Potentially Fatal: Cardiotoxicity, bone-marrow depression and hyperbilirubinaemia.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Capecitabine is a prodrug that is converted to fluorouracil following oral administration, which in turn inhibits thymidylate synthetase, blocking the methylation of deoxyuridylic acid to thymidylic acid, interfering with DNA, and to a lesser degree, RNA synthesis.
Drug Interactions ::
Antacids containing aluminum and magnesium, leucovorin, anticoagulants, phenytoin, allopurinol.