Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name CIPAMS Has Generic Salt :: Escitalopram
- 2 CIPAMS Is From Company TASMED Priced :: Rs. 75
- 3 CIPAMS have Escitalopram is comes under Sub class Anxiolytics of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Anxiolytics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name CIPAMS Has Generic Salt :: Escitalopram
CIPAMS Is From Company TASMED Priced :: Rs. 75
CIPAMS have Escitalopram is comes under Sub class Anxiolytics of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Anxiolytics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Major depressive disorder, Depression, Panic disorder, Obsessive compulsive disorder, Anxiety disorder
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Depression; Anxiety; Obsessive compulsive disorder 10 mg once daily. Max: 20 mg/day. Panic disorder Initial: 5 mg/day, up to 10 mg/day after 7 days if needed. Max: 20 mg/day. Elderly: Half the adult dose. Hepatic impairment: Dosage adjustments may be required.
Concomitant use with or within 2 wk of MAOI withdrawal.
Drug Precautions ::
History of mania or seizure disorders; work requiring mental alertness; renal and hepatic impairment; pregnancy, lactation; withdraw gradually. Children and adolescents <18 yr Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea, diarrhoea, increased sweating, insomnia, impotence, ejaculation disorder, fatigue, somnolence; postural hypotension, sinusitis, taste disturbances. Increased appetite and wt gain.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Escitalopram selectively inhibits CNS neuronal re-uptake of serotonin (5-HT) and potentiates serotonergic activity. It has minimal effects on norepinephrine and dopamine neuronal re-uptake.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased risk of bleeding when used with aspirin, NSAIDs or drugs that affect coagulation. Serum levels may be reduced by CYP2C19 inducers (e.g. carbamazepine, rifampin, phenytoin) or CYP3A4 inducers (e.g. nafcillin, nevirapine). Serum levels may also be increased by CYP2C19 inhibitors (e.g. fluconazole, fluvoxamine, omeprazole) or CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g. azole antifungals, clarithromycin). May increase serum levels of desipramine or metoprolol. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome when used with linezolid or sibutramine. Escitalopram may enhance the sedative effects of alcohol. Potentially Fatal: Concomitant administration with MAOIs may lead to serious or fatal reactions; should not be started until at least 2 wk after stopping escitalopram or vice versa. Moclobemide may increase the risk of serotonin syndrome.