Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name CIPLACTIN PLUS Has Generic Salt :: Cyproheptadine
- 2 CIPLACTIN PLUS Is From Company Cipla Priced :: Rs. 60
- 3 CIPLACTIN PLUS have Cyproheptadine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name CIPLACTIN PLUS Has Generic Salt :: Cyproheptadine
CIPLACTIN PLUS Is From Company Cipla Priced :: Rs. 60
CIPLACTIN PLUS have Cyproheptadine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Rash and pruritus in a variety of condition; appetite stimulation , anorexia nervosa ; cushing’s and Nelson’s syndrome, acromegaly and hyperprolactinemia ; migraine; antidepressant-induced inorgasmia .
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Allergic conditions As HCl: 4 mg 3 times/day. Usual: 12-16 mg/day in 3-4 divided doses, up to 32 mg/day if needed. Prevention and treatment of migraine and other vascular headaches As HCl: 4 mg, may repeat 30 mins later. Not to exceed 8 mg w/in a 4-6-hr period. Maintenance: 4 mg 4-6 hrly.
Narrow-angle glaucoma; acute asthmatic attack; bladder neck obstruction; stenosing peptic ulcer; GIT obstruction; MAOIs therapy; hypersensitivity; neonates, lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Elderly; epilepsy; tasks requiring mental alertness; symptomatic prostate hypertrophy; epilepsy; alcoholism; pregnancy.
Drug Side Effects ::
Slight to moderate drowsiness, fatigue; dry mouth, GI upsets, nausea; appetite increase, wt gain and impaired alertness.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Cyproheptadine is a sedating antihistamine w/ antimuscarinic, serotonin antagonist and Ca channel blocking properties. It competes w/ histamine for H1-receptor sites on effector cells in the GI tract, blood vessels and resp tract.
Drug Interactions ::
May have additive effects w/ CNS depressants e.g. hypnotics, sedatives, tranquilizers, antianxiety agents. Potentially Fatal: MAOIs prolong and intensify the anticholinergic effects of antihistamines.