Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name KEZAR Has Generic Salt :: Citric
- 2 KEZAR Is From Company AAMORB(ST. MORISON) Priced :: Rs. 45.8
- 3 KEZAR have Citric is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name KEZAR Has Generic Salt :: Citric
KEZAR Is From Company AAMORB(ST. MORISON) Priced :: Rs. 45.8
KEZAR have Citric is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Prevention of gout and kidney stones, Urine alkalinization, Renal tubular acidosis
Drug Dose ::
To relieve discomfort in UTI: Adults & children over 6 years: 10 ml 3 times daily, diluted with 1 glass of water. Children 1-6 years: 5 ml 3 times daily, diluted with 1/2 glass of water. To prevent kidney stones, acidosis caused by kidney diseases, with uricosuric agent to prevent gout: Adults: 10-15 ml 4 times daily; or as directed by the physician, diluted with 1 glass of water. Pediatric: 5-10ml 4 times daily; or as directed by the physician, diluted with 1/2 glass of water.
The drug is contraindicated in severe renal impairment with oliguria or azotemia, untreated Addison’s disease, acute dehydration, severe myocardial damage, and hyperkalemia from any cause.
Drug Precautions ::
The solution should be used with caution in patients with low urinary output. It should be diluted adequately with water to minimize the possibility of gastrointestinal injury associated with the oral ingestion of concentrated potassium salt preparations; and preferably, to take each dose after meals. Large doses may cause hyperkalemia and alkalosis, especially in the presence of renal disease.
Drug Side Effects ::
This solution is generally well tolerated without any unpleasant side effect when given in recommended doses to patients with normal renal function and urinary output. However, as with any alkalinizing agent, caution must be used in certain patients with abnormal renal mechanisms to avoid development of hyperkalemia or alkalosis. Potassium intoxication causes listlessness, weakness, mental confusion, tingling of extremities, and other symptoms associated with a high concentration of potassium in the serum.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Potassium citrate is absorbed and metabolized to potassium bicarbonate and this acts as a systemic alkalizer .
Drug Interactions ::