Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name LEDERMYCIN Has Generic Salt :: Demeclocycline
- 2 LEDERMYCIN Is From Company Wyeth Priced :: Rs. 38.68
- 3 LEDERMYCIN have Demeclocycline is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name LEDERMYCIN Has Generic Salt :: Demeclocycline
LEDERMYCIN Is From Company Wyeth Priced :: Rs. 38.68
LEDERMYCIN have Demeclocycline is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Atypical pneumonia, Hyponatraemia
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Susceptible infections 150 mg 4 times/day. Atypical pneumonia 300 mg 3 times/day. Chronic hyponatraemia associated w/ SIADH Initial: 900-1,200 mg/day in divided doses. Maintenance: 600-900 mg/day in divided doses.
Hypersensitivity. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Children <12 yr; SLE; renal or hepatic disease. Drug Side Effects ::
Photosensitivity. Reversible nephrogenic diabetes insipidus. Permanent staining of teeth; nausea; rash; GI upsets; dysphagia; enterocolitis; anogenital inflammation (moniliasis). Hypersensitivity; haemolytic anaemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia and eosinophilia; raised blood urea and liver enzymes. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylaxis (rare).
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Demeclocycline inhibits protein synthesis by binding w/ the 30S and possibly the 50S ribosomal subunits of susceptible bacteria. It may also cause alterations in the cytoplasmic membrane. It inhibits the action of antidiuretic hormone (ADH) in patients w/ chronic syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH).
Drug Interactions ::
Reduced absorption w/ antacids containing Al, Mg, or Ca, Fe-containing preparations, zinc, kaolin, quinapril, strontium ranelate, sucralfate, tripotassium dicitratobismuthate. May reduce the efficacy of oral contraceptives and penicillins. Increased risk of benign intracranial HTN w/ retinoids (e.g. acitretin, isotretinoin, tretinoin). Increased risk of ergotism w/ ergotamine and methysergide. May inactivate oral typhoid vaccine. May potentiate the effect of anticoagulants. Potentially Fatal: Concurrent use w/ methoxyflurane may result to fatal renal toxicity.