Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ONCOSID Has Generic Salt :: Etoposide
- 2 ONCOSID Is From Company United Bio. Priced :: Rs. –
- 3 ONCOSID have Etoposide is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ONCOSID Has Generic Salt :: Etoposide
ONCOSID Is From Company United Bio. Priced :: Rs. –
ONCOSID have Etoposide is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Lung cancer, Testicular cancer
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV Testicular cancer Combination therapy: 50-100 mg/m2/day from days 1-5. May repeat course 3-4 wkly. Small cell lung cancer 35 mg/m2/day for 4 days to 50 mg/m2/day for 5 days. May repeat course 3-4 wkly. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 15-50 75% of the recommended dose.
Hypersensitivity, pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Skin reactions may occur with accidental exposure; renal or hepatic disease. Periodic CBCs should be done before, during and after therapy. Increased risk of etoposide-toxicity in patients with low serum albumin. Acrylic material has been shown to crack and leak when used with undiluted etoposide inj.
Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea, vomiting, anorexia, diarrhoea, stomatitis; reversible alopoecia; rarely, disturbances of liver dysfunction, peripheral neuropathy, CNS effects, anaphylactoid reactions; hypotension with IV injection. Local irritation and thrombophloebitis at the site of inj. Potentially Fatal: Severe myelosuppression, characterised by leucopaenia and thrombocytopaenia. Cardiotoxicity. Anaphylaxis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Etoposide is a derivative of podophyllotoxin that inhibits DNA synthesis resulting in the arrest of the cell cycle. At low doses, it inhibits cells from entering cell cycle and at high doses, cells entering mitosis are lysed.
Drug Interactions ::
Synergism with other cytotoxic drugs. Caution when admin with drugs that inhibit phosphatase activity. Cyclosporin A may reduce the clearance of etoposide.