Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ORPROZIL Has Generic Salt :: CEFPROZIL
- 2 ORPROZIL Is From Company Orchid Hc. Priced :: Rs. N.I./N.I.
- 3 ORPROZIL have CEFPROZIL is comes under Sub class Cephalosporins of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Cephalosporins
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ORPROZIL Has Generic Salt :: CEFPROZIL
ORPROZIL Is From Company Orchid Hc. Priced :: Rs. N.I./N.I.
ORPROZIL have CEFPROZIL is comes under Sub class Cephalosporins of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Cephalosporins
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Pharyngitis, Susceptible infections, Sinusitis, Otitis media, Skin and skin structure infections, Tonsillitis, Respiratory tract infections, Acute Maxillary Sinusitis, Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
Drug Dose ::
Oral Skin and soft tissue infections, Susceptible infections Adult: 500 mg/day as a single dose or in 2 divided doses, increased to 500 mg bid if necessary. Child: 20 mg/kg/day once or twice daily, up to a max dose of 500 mg once daily, if necessary, bid for otitis media. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) <30 Half normal dose. Contraindication ::
Drug Precautions ::
Hypersensitivity to penicillins; renal impairment; porphyria. Monitor renal and haematologic status. Pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea; vomiting; diarrhoea; hypersensitivity reactions; nephrotoxicity; convulsions; CNS toxicity; hepatic dysfunction; haematologic disorders; pain at Inj site (IM); thrombophloebitis (IV infusion); superinfection with prolonged use. Potentially Fatal: Pseudomembranous colitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Cefprozil inhibits cell wall synthesis and has activity against a broad range of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
Drug Interactions ::
Renal excretion delayed by probenecid. Decreases contraceptive effect of oestrogen-containing oral contraceptives.