Ashwagandha Withania somnifera Ayurvedic Medicine For ,impotency, spermatorrhoea, nervous exhaustion, muscle weakness and tension
Ashwagandh is one of the most usefull drug and nervous tonic for improvement of Memory and other systemic functions naturally, it also have tremendous effect on Impotency it help in improving the sperm counts, and also improve in spermatorrhoea and erectile dysfunction, Ashwagandha Withania somnifera Ayurvedic Medicine is a best tonic for regular use to improve your retaining power and memory and efficiency of brain to take stress in better way it help in Insomnia and other common disease like headache and many more.
- Ashwagandha powder is consists of dried mature roots of Withania somnifera , Ashwagandha Withania somnifera is a perennial shrub, widely cultivated in certain areas of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan ,found in waste land, cultivated field and open grounds throughout India,
- Ashwagandha in Sanskrit means “horse’s smell,” probably originating from the odor of its root which resembles that of a sweaty horse.
- roots collected in winter, washed and cut into short pieces.
- Kingdom: Plantae
- (unranked): Angiosperms
- (unranked): Eudicots
- (unranked): Asterids
- Order: Solanales
- Family: Solanaceae
- Genus: Withania
- Species: W. somnifera
- Binomial name — Withania somnifera
Ashwagandha Withania somnifera SYNONYMS
- Sanskrit : Hayagandhi, vajigandha
- Hindi : Ashwagandh
- Assamese : Ashwagandha
- Bengali : Ashvagandha
- English : —
- Gujrati : Asgandha
- Kannada : Angarberu, Hiremaddina-gida
- Kashmiri : Asagandh
- Malayalam : Amukkuram
- Marathi : Asagandha, Askagandha
- Oriya : Aswagandha
Ashwagandha Withania somnifera DESCRIPTION and Habitat –
- Ashwagandha Withania somnifera took one or two winter rains are received, the root development is most improves.
- Grown as late rainy season (kharif) crop. The semi-tropical areas receiving 500 to 750 mm rainfall are suitable for its cultivation as rainfed crop.
- Roots straight, unbranched, thickness varying with age.
- roots bear fibre-like secondary roots,crown consists of 2-6 remains of stem base, outer surface buff to grey-yellow with longitudinal wrinkles, stem bases variously thickened, nodes prominent only on the side from where petiole arises,short and uneven, odour, characteristic, taste, cylindrical, green with longitudinal wrinkles, fracture, bitter and acrid.
- Transverse section of root shows cork exfoliated or crushed, when present isodiamatric and non-lignified, cork cambium of 2-4 diffused rows of cells,
- phloem consists of sieve tubes, companion cells,
- secondary xylem hard forming a closed vascular ring separated by multiseriate medullary rays, a few xylem parenchyma
- secondary cortex about twenty layers of phloem parenchyma, cambium 4-5 rows of tangentially elongated cells, compact parenchymatous cells,
Ashwagandha Withania somnifera CONSTITUENTS –
- main constituents of Ashwagandha Withania somnifera are alkaloids and steroidal lactones
- Alkaloids and withanolides.
- other alkaloids are somniferine,withananine, pseudo-withanine, somnine, somniferinine,etc.
- Ashwagandha Withania somnifera is reported to have anti-carcinogenic effects in animal and cell cultures,
PROPERTIES AND ACTION
- Rasa : Tikta, Kashya Guna : Laghu Virya : Ushna Vipaka : Madhura Karma : Vatakaphapaha, Balya, Rasayana, Vajikara¸
Ashwagandha Withania somnifera IMPORTANT FORMULATIONS –
- Asvagandhadi Lehya,
- Balasvagandhaliksadi Taila
Ashwagandha Withania somnifera THERAPEUTIC USES –
- Klaibya (erectile dysfunction)
- chronic fatigue
- premature ageing
- memory loss
- neurodegenerative disorders
- bone weakness
- nervous exhaustion
- muscle weakness and tension
- loose teeth
Ashwagandha DOSE Ayurvedic Drugs –
- 3-6 g of the drug in powder form