VEDNASTHAPAN DRAVYA First of these drugs is—RASNA
can be given VATA AND KAFA DISORDERS,digests AAM DOSHA and can be given in GULMA, STOMACH ACHE, CONSTIPATION, it can be given in VATARAKTA (gout) and other blood disorders, it reduces oedema, produces warmth, reduces pain, its decoction can be given in painful conditions.
|VEDNASTHAPAN RASNA PLUCHEA LANCEOLATA|
- in ayurveda VEDNA is a general term used for conditions in which a person experiences happiness or sadness.drugs which reduce or suppress sadness and produce a positive effect on the physical and mental states especially regarding painful conditions are hence called ANALGESICS.
VEDNASTHAPAN — TO SETTLE DOWN PAIN OR ANY NEGATIVE STATE OF MIND AND BODY.
- it is believed that every kind of stimulus or sensation travels in the body through VATA DOSHA.But when this vata dosha rises above it’s normal level it leads to the development of many kinds of painful conditions in the body.painful conditions in the body are almost always related to raised VATA DOSHAS.
- Therefore, these drugs act towards reducing vata doshas as also these drugs have USHNA VIRYA and are hence vata dosha suppressants.
- some of these drugs are SNIGDH (remove dryness) and some are RUKSH(dry).
- USHNA GUNA reduces VATA DOSHA and SNIGDH GUNA increases the KAFA DOSHA, which also has a hypnotic effect.drugs that are ruksh at times in overdoses or excessive use increase the vata dosha and lead to CONVULSIVE conditions.
- it is also said that these drugs act on the THALAMUS to reduce pain.
|PLUCHEA LANCEOLATA RASNA VEDNASTHAPAN DRAVYA|
RASNA FAMILY —
LATIN NAME —
- PLUCHEA LANCEOLATA
SANSKRIT NAME —
- RASNA ( leaves are tongue shaped,increase RASA dhatu)
- UKTA( useful in many diseases )
- ELAPARNI(leaves are like elaichi)
HINDI NAME —
|VEDNASTHAPAN DRAVYA drugs is—RASNA|
PLACE OF ORIGIN —
- areas around the ganga river,
- VISHAGHNA (cuts out poisonous effects)
|PLUCHEA LANCEOLATA RASNA|
ACTIONS AND USES —
- It is amongst the best of vata reducing drugs.
- can be given VATA AND KAFA DISORDERS.
- it reduces oedema, produces warmth, reduces pain.
- its decoction can be given in painful conditions.
- digests AAM DOSHA and can be given in GULMA, STOMACH ACHE, CONSTIPATION.
- it can be given in VATARAKTA (gout) and other blood disorders.
- it is a blood purifier.
- also helpful in respiratory disorders like TUBERCULOSIS and DYSPNOESA.
- ALSO REDUCES FEVER.
- it is antipoisonous, improves strength and acts as RASAYAN( improves strength, delays ageing and improves health)
USEFUL PARTS –
STANDARD DOSAGE –
- DECOCTION- 50-100 ml
MEDICINAL PREPARATIONS –
- RASNADI OIL,
- RASNADI GHRAT.