Sinus Tachycardia and Sinus Bradycardia General idea with definition and causes and Treatment
Sinus Tachycardia Definition —
- Sinus tachycardia is a heart rate more than 100 beats/min.
Causes of Sinus Tachycardia
- Fever, thyrotoxicosis, exercise, anaemia, lack of activity, hypertension etc.
- Drugs like Sorbitrate, .Nifedipine, nasal decongestants drops, atropine eye drops etc can cause tachycardia.
- Digitalis glycosides,
- B blockers,
- diltiazem or no treatment required.
Sinus Bradycardia Definition —
- Sinus Bradycardia is a heart rate less than 60 beats/min.
Causes of Sinus Braycardia
- Normal persons like athletes,
- liver disease,
- obstructive jaundice,
- typhoid fever,
- raised intracranial tension.
Drugs like Causes —
- digoxin can also cause bradycardia.
- Treat the cause.
- Usually no treatment required.