Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ANTIPRESS Has Generic Salt :: Atenolol
- 2 ANTIPRESS Is From Company Saga Lab Priced :: Rs. 13
- 3 ANTIPRESS have Atenolol is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ANTIPRESS Has Generic Salt :: Atenolol
ANTIPRESS Is From Company Saga Lab Priced :: Rs. 13
ANTIPRESS have Atenolol is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Hypertension, Migraine, Arrhythmias, MI, Angina pectoris
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO HTN 25-100 mg/day. Angina pectoris; Migraine prophylaxis 50-100 mg/day. Max for angina pectoris: 200 mg/day. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) <15 25 mg or 50 mg on alternate days. 15-35 50 mg/day. Dialysis patients 25-50 mg after each dialysis. Contraindication ::
Hypersensitivity. Sinus bradycardia, sinus node dysfunction, heart block >1st degree, compensated cardiac failure, cardiogenic shock, bronchospastic diseases, peripheral vascular diseases. Pregnancy.
Drug Precautions ::
Compensated heart failure. Variant angina, acute MI, DM; peripheral vascular disorders; hepatic and renal dysfunction; elderly patients, children. Lactation. If atenolol and clonidine are co-admin, then gradual withdrawal of clonidine should take place a few days after withdrawal of atenolol.
Drug Side Effects ::
Bronchospasm; cold extremities, fatigue, dizziness, insomnia, lethargy, confusion, headache, depression, nightmares, nausea, diarrhoea, constipation, impotence and paraesthesia. Potentially Fatal: Heart failure, 2nd or 3rd degree AV block.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Atenolol is a competitive cardioselective beta1-blocker and does not have effect on ?beta2-receptors except in high doses. It reduces resting and exercise-induced heart rate as well as myocardial contractility.
Drug Interactions ::
Concomitant admin w/ reserpine may increase hypotension and bradycardia. Additive w/ Ca channel blockers, hydralazine, methyldopa. Increased risk of bradycardia and heart block w/ verapamil and diltiazem. May decrease hypotensive effects w/ NSAIDs (e.g. indometacin). Enhanced bradycardic effect w/ disopyramide, amiodarone or digitalis glycosides. May exacerbate rebound HTN upon discontinuance of clonidine treatment.