Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name BETAGAN Has Generic Salt :: Levobunolol
- 2 BETAGAN Is From Company Allergan Priced :: Rs. 70
- 3 BETAGAN have Levobunolol is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name BETAGAN Has Generic Salt :: Levobunolol
BETAGAN Is From Company Allergan Priced :: Rs. 70
BETAGAN have Levobunolol is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Levobunolol||EYE DPS||Rs. 70||5ML|
Indications for Drugs ::
Open-angle glaucoma, Ocular HTN
Drug Dose ::
Adult : As 0.5% soln: Apply 1-2 drops once daily, up to twice daily in severe cases. As 0.25% soln: 1-2 drops twice daily.
Bronchial asthma, severe COPD; sinus bradycardia; 2nd and 3rd degree heart block; overt cardiac failure; cardiogenic shock.
Drug Precautions ::
Patients at risk of developing hypoglycaemia. DM. Thyrotoxicosis. Known diminished pulmonary function. Cerebrovascular insufficiency. Do not drive or operate machinery until vision is clear. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Ocular stinging, burning, blepharoconjunctivitis, decreased heart rate, decreased BP, iridocyclitis, headache, transient ataxia, dizziness, lethargy, decreased corneal sensitivity, tearing, visual disturbances, urticaria and pruritus.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Levobunolol is a nonselective beta-adrenergic blocking agent. It causes the reduction of intraocular pressure by decreasing the production of aqueous humour.
Drug Interactions ::
Additive hypotensive effect w/ catecholamine-depleting drug (e.g. reserpine), Ca channel blockers, beta-adrenergic blockers, digitalis glycosides, antiarrhythmics, guanethidine, parasympathomimetics. Mydriasis may occur when used w/ epinephrine.