Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DILTIP Has Generic Salt :: Diltiazem
- 2 DILTIP Is From Company Dallas Ph. Priced :: Rs. 19.00/23.38
- 3 DILTIP have Diltiazem is comes under Sub class Anti Anginals of Main Class Cardiovascular System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Anginals
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DILTIP Has Generic Salt :: Diltiazem
DILTIP Is From Company Dallas Ph. Priced :: Rs. 19.00/23.38
DILTIP have Diltiazem is comes under Sub class Anti Anginals of Main Class Cardiovascular System
Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Anginals
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Supraventricular tachycardia, Hypertension, Angina, Atrial fibrillation, Arrhythmias, Atrial flutter
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Angina pectoris Initial: 60 mg 3 times/day, up to 480 mg/day if needed. HTN Initial: 60-120 mg twice daily. Max: 360 mg/day.
Sick-sinus syndrome; 2nd or 3rd ° AV block; porphyria. Severe congestive cardiac failure; marked bradycardia. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Elderly. Hepatic or renal impairment; impaired left ventricular function; prolonged AV periods; DM; hypotension. Avoid abrupt withdrawal and long-term use. Patients with sick-sinus syndrome, preexisting AV block, bradycardia and those taking beta-blockers or digitalis are at risk of developing AV block, bradycardia, asystole or sinus arrest.
Drug Side Effects ::
Headache, ankle oedema, hypotension, dizziness, fatigue, flushing, nausea, GI discomfort, gingival hyperplasia, rashes, erythema multiforme, exfoliative dermatitis, photosensitivity, occasionally hepatitis. Potentially Fatal: AV block, bradycardia, asystole, sinus arrest.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Diltiazem relaxes coronary vascular smooth muscles by inhibiting influx of calcium ions during depolarisation of the vascular smooth muscles and myocardium. It increases myocardial O2 delivery in patients with vasospastic angina and inhibits cardiac conduction, particularly at the SA and AV nodes.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased AV blocking effect w/ clonidine. May increase serum levels of statins (e.g. atorvastatin, lovastatin), carbamazepine, phenytoin. May increase bradycardic affect of amiodarone, digoxin, mefloquine. May enhance antihypertensive effect w/ other antihypertensives (e.g. aldesleukin), antipsychotic. Increased serum levels w/ cimetidine. Decreased serum levels w/ rifampicin, phenobarbital. Potentially Fatal: IV: May enhance hypotensive effect of IV ?-blockers.