Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DIOVAN Has Generic Salt :: Valsartan
- 2 DIOVAN Is From Company Novartis Priced :: Rs. 1400
- 3 DIOVAN have Valsartan is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DIOVAN Has Generic Salt :: Valsartan
DIOVAN Is From Company Novartis Priced :: Rs. 1400
DIOVAN have Valsartan is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Heart failure, Hypertension, Post myocardial infarction
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO HTN Initial: 80 mg once daily, up to 160 mg once daily. Max: 320 mg/day. Heart failure 40 mg twice daily, up to 160 mg twice daily if tolerated. Post-MI Initial: 20 mg twice daily, up to 160 mg bid if tolerated. Elderly: No dosage adjustment needed. Hepatic impairment: Mild to moderate: Max: 80 mg once daily. Severe: Contraindicated.
Hypersensitivity; severe hepatic impairment, cirrhosis or biliary obstruction; primary hyperaldosteronism. Pregnancy (2nd and 3rd trimesters) and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Volume depletion; renal artery stenosis; monitor serum potassium concentrations; severe CHF; renal impairment; mild to moderate hepatic impairment. Elderly.
Drug Side Effects ::
Dizziness; headache; dose-related orthostatic hypotension; rash; angioedema; hyperkalaemia; myalgia; resp tract disorders; back pain; GI disturbances; fatigue; increase in BUN and serum creatinine; abdominal pain; dry cough; LFT elevations. Potentially Fatal: Blood dyscrasias (e.g. neutropenia).
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Valsartan, an angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor antagonist, produces its BP lowering effects by inhibiting angiotensin II-induced vasoconstriction, aldosterone release and renal reabsorption of Na.
Drug Interactions ::
May antagonise hypotensive effects and increase the risk of renal impairment w/ NSAIDs. Increased risk of hyperkalaemia w/ K-sparing diuretics, K supplements or K-containing salt substitutes. Potentially Fatal: Increased risk of hypotension, hyperkalemia and changes in renal function (including acute renal failure) when used w/ aliskiren in patients w/ diabetes and renal impairment (GFR <60 mL/min).