Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name EMCECAD Has Generic Salt :: PALONOSETRON
- 2 EMCECAD Is From Company ONCOCARE Priced :: Rs. 150
- 3 EMCECAD have PALONOSETRON is comes under Sub class Anti Emetics of Main Class Gastrointestinal System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Gastrointestinal System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Emetics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name EMCECAD Has Generic Salt :: PALONOSETRON
EMCECAD Is From Company ONCOCARE Priced :: Rs. 150
EMCECAD have PALONOSETRON is comes under Sub class Anti Emetics of Main Class Gastrointestinal System
Main Medicine Class:: Gastrointestinal System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Emetics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, Postoperative nausea and vomiting
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV: Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting 0.25 mg as a single dose 30 mins before chemotherapy. Do not repeat w/in 7 days. Prevention of post-op nausea and vomiting 0.075 mg as a single dose immediately before induction of anesth. PO: 0.5 mg tablet once daily.
History of hypersensitivity.
Drug Precautions ::
Patients with intestinal obstruction or ileus. Rapid inj may lead to temporary visual changes e.g. blurred vision. Patients who have or may develop prolonged QT intervals. Safety and efficacy not established in children <18 yr. Counsel patients who handle skilled tasks e.g. driving may be impaired. Drug Side Effects ::
Headache; flushing; fatigue, dizziness, drowsiness; hiccups; chest pain, tachycardia and bradycardia; diarrhoea, constipation, flatulence; dry mouth; urinary retention; dyspepsia, abdominal pain; changes in BP; asthenia; anxiety, euphoria, paraesthesia, peripheral neuropathy; anorexia; motion sickness; influenza-like symptoms; glycosuria, hyperglycaemia; electrolyte disturbance; arthralgia, eye irritation; amblyopia; tinnitus; rash, pruritus.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Palonosetron is a selective 5-HT3 antagonist that is used in the prevention of acute and delayed emesis in emetogenic cancer chemotherapy regimens.
Drug Interactions ::
May have additive effect on prolonging QT with drugs e.g. moxifloxacin, erythromycin, antipsychotics and TCAs.