Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ENLOW Has Generic Salt :: Enalapril
- 2 ENLOW Is From Company Lincoln Priced :: Rs. 15.9
- 3 ENLOW have Enalapril is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ENLOW Has Generic Salt :: Enalapril
ENLOW Is From Company Lincoln Priced :: Rs. 15.9
ENLOW have Enalapril is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Hypertension, Heart failure
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO HTN Initial: 5 mg/day at bedtime. Maintenance: 10-20 mg once daily. Severe: Up to 40 mg/day in divided doses. Max: 40 mg/day. Heart failure Initial: 2.5 mg/day. Maintenance: 20 mg once daily, up to 40 mg/day in 2 divided doses.
Hypersensitivity. History of angioedema due to previous treatment with ACE inhibitors; bilateral renal artery stenosis. Pregnancy.
Drug Precautions ::
Impaired renal function. Hyperkalaemia, hypovolaemia, collagen vascular disease, valvular stenosis, during or immediately before or after anaesthesia, unilateral renal artery stenosis. Hypotension due to volume depletion, diuretic therapy. Monitor WBC count. Lactation, children.
Drug Side Effects ::
Initial hypotension may be severe and prolonged. Dizziness, headache, fatigue, persistent dry cough, abnormal taste, lassitude, rash, neutropenia, renal impairment or failure. Potentially Fatal: Angioedema.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Enalapril, a prodrug of enalaprilat, competitively inhibits ACE from converting angiotensin I to angiotensin II (a potent vasoconstrictor) resulting in increased plasma renin activity and reduced aldosterone (a hormone that causes water and Na retention) secretion. This promotes vasodilation and BP reduction.
Drug Interactions ::
May potentiate hypotensive action w/ diuretics, other antihypertensives, TCAs, nitrates or anaesth. Concomitant admin w/ lithium carbonate may cause lithium toxicity. Increased risk of renal impairment w/ NSAIDs. May increase hyperkalaemic effect w/ K-sparing diuretics and supplements.