Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ERYTAL Has Generic Salt :: Pentoxifylline
- 2 ERYTAL Is From Company Zydus Cadila Priced :: Rs. 58.5
- 3 ERYTAL have Pentoxifylline is comes under Sub class Drugs for Vascular disorder of Main Class Cardiovascular System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Vascular disorder
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ERYTAL Has Generic Salt :: Pentoxifylline
ERYTAL Is From Company Zydus Cadila Priced :: Rs. 58.5
ERYTAL have Pentoxifylline is comes under Sub class Drugs for Vascular disorder of Main Class Cardiovascular System
Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Vascular disorder
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Peripheral vascular disease
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Extended release 400 mg 3 times/day (normally for at least 8 wk), may reduce to 400 mg twice daily if adverse effects occur.
Previous hypersensitivity reactions to xanthine-related products e.g. caffeine, theophylline and theobromine. Recent cerebral and/or retinal haemorrhage. Porphyria.
Drug Precautions ::
Avoid use in patients with severe cardiac arrhythmias or acute MI. Caution when used in patients with ischaemic heart disease or hypotension. Impaired renal or hepatic function. Start at lower dose in elderly; safety and efficacy not established in children. Tablets should not be chewed, crushed or broken; swallow whole. Pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, flushing; angina, palpitations; occasional cardiac arrhythmias; hepatitis, jaundice; blood dyscrasias reported; agitation; sleep disturbances; hypotension; thrombocytopenia; intrahepatic cholestasis. Potentially Fatal: Fatal haemorrhage (cerebral and GI tract); anaphylactoid reaction.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Pentoxifylline reduces blood viscosity by increasing deformability of leukocytes and erythrocytes; and decreasing neutrophil adhesion/activation. It also improves microcirculation and peripheral tissue oxygenation through better blood flow. It has also been used in cerebrovascular disorders.
Drug Interactions ::
Concurrent use with ciprofloxacin may increase the adverse effect of pentoxifylline. Concurrent use may increase serum levels of theophylline derivatives. Potentially Fatal: May increase risk of adverse effect when used with ketorolac.