Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FLOVAS Has Generic Salt :: PITAVASTATIN
- 2 FLOVAS Is From Company Ipca Priced :: Rs. 90
- 3 FLOVAS have PITAVASTATIN is comes under Sub class Anti Hyperlipidemics of Main Class Cardiovascular System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hyperlipidemics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FLOVAS Has Generic Salt :: PITAVASTATIN
FLOVAS Is From Company Ipca Priced :: Rs. 90
FLOVAS have PITAVASTATIN is comes under Sub class Anti Hyperlipidemics of Main Class Cardiovascular System
Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hyperlipidemics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Cardiovascular disease, Hypercholesterolaemia
Drug Dose ::
The dose range for Pitavastatin is 1 to 4 mg orally once daily at any time of the day with or without food. The recommended starting dose is 2 mg and the maximum dose is 4 mg. The starting dose and maintenance doses of Pitavastatin should be individualized according to patient characteristics, such as goal of therapy and response.
Patients with a known hypersensitivity to any component of this products. Pitavastatin is contraindicated in patients with active liver disease , which may include unexplained persistent elevations of hepatic transaminase levels.
Drug Precautions ::
Use with caution in clients with predisposing factors to myopathy (e.g., >65 years of age, renal impairment, inadequately treated hypothyroidism) and in clients with impaired renal function, the elderly, or when used together with fibrates or lipid-modifying doses of niacin. ? Elderly clients may manifest greater sensitivity to pitavastatin. ? Safety and efficacy not determined in children.
Drug Side Effects ::
Pitavastatin is generally well tolerated . The common side effects are headache , myalgia , asthenia , constipation , dizziness , and abdominal pain. It may rarely cause rhabdomyolysis and hypersensitivity reaction , such as-rash , pruritus and urticaria.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor, inhibits rate-limiting step in cholesterol biosynthesis by competitively inhibiting HMG-CoA reductase
Drug Interactions ::
Increased bioavailability w/ erythromycin and rifampicin. Increased risk of myopathy/rhabdomyolysis w/ gemfibrozil, colchicine, niacin and other fibrates. Potentially Fatal: Ciclosporin significantly increases pitavastatin exposure.