Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FONTAIN Has Generic Salt :: Famotidine
- 2 FONTAIN Is From Company Chemo D. Priced :: Rs. 7
- 3 FONTAIN have Famotidine is comes under Sub class GERD, of Main Class Gastrointestinal System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Gastrointestinal System Sub Medicine Class :: GERD,
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FONTAIN Has Generic Salt :: Famotidine
FONTAIN Is From Company Chemo D. Priced :: Rs. 7
FONTAIN have Famotidine is comes under Sub class GERD, of Main Class Gastrointestinal System
Main Medicine Class:: Gastrointestinal System Sub Medicine Class :: GERD,
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Famotidine||F. TAB||Rs. 7||10|
Indications for Drugs ::
Heartburn, Peptic ulcer, Dyspepsia, Urticaria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Drug Dose ::
Benign peptic ulceration: 40 mg at night for 4-8 weeks. Maintenance: 20 mg at night. Reflux oesophagitis: 20-40 mg twice daily for 6-12 weeks. Zollinger Ellison syndrome: 20 mg every 6 hours.
Drug Precautions ::
Impaired renal function. Long term treatment should be avoided.
Drug Side Effects ::
Occassional diarrhoea, dizziness & rashes.Rarely gynecomastia.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Famotidine competitively blocks histamine at H2-receptors thus reducing basal, nocturnal and stimulated gastric acid secretion. Pepsin secretion is reduced resulting in decreased peptic activity.
Drug Interactions ::
Antacids slightly decrease the bioavailability of famotidine. May reduce serum concentration of ketoconazole and itraconazole.