Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FOVAS Has Generic Salt :: FOSINOPRIL
- 2 FOVAS Is From Company Cadila Ph. Priced :: Rs. 110.23
- 3 FOVAS have FOSINOPRIL is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FOVAS Has Generic Salt :: FOSINOPRIL
FOVAS Is From Company Cadila Ph. Priced :: Rs. 110.23
FOVAS have FOSINOPRIL is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Hypertension, Congestive heart failure
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO HTN Initial: 10 mg/day at bedtime. Maintenance: 10-40 mg oce daily. Heart failure Initial: 10 mg once daily. May increase slowly. Max: 40 mg once daily.
Hypersensitivity, idiopathic or hereditary angioedema, history of angioedema related to previous treatment with an ACE inhibitor. Bilateral renal artery stenosis. Pregnancy (2nd and 3rd trimesters), lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Severely impaired renal function; hyperkalaemia, hypovolaemia, collagen vascular diseases, valvular stenosis; before, during or immediately after anaesthesia, unilateral renal artery stenosis.
Drug Side Effects ::
Dizziness, orthostatic hypotension, palpitation, headache, weakness, fatigue, hyperkalaemia, chest pain, musculoskeletal pain, dry cough, nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, diarrhoea. Potentially Fatal: Cerebrovascular accident, rhythm disturbances, palpitations, hypotension, syncope, rashes, oedema, hypersensitivity reactions, angioedema.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Fosinopril, a prodrug of fosinoprilat, competitively inhibits ACE from converting angiotensin I to angiotensin II resulting in decreased levels of angiotensin II which causes increased plasma renin activity and reduced aldosterone secretion. It also reduces Na and water retention. This promotes vasodilation and BP reduction.
Drug Interactions ::
Additive hyperkalaemic effect w/ K-sparing diuretics and K supplements. May increase lithium serum levels and toxicity. May decrease serum level w/ antacids. May increase risk of renal function deterioration w/ NSAIDs. May increase nitritoid reactions of gold (Na aurothiomalate).