Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name GRANEXA Has Generic Salt :: Granisetron
- 2 GRANEXA Is From Company Macleods Priced :: Rs. 16
- 3 GRANEXA have Granisetron is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name GRANEXA Has Generic Salt :: Granisetron
GRANEXA Is From Company Macleods Priced :: Rs. 16
GRANEXA have Granisetron is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Nausea and vomiting,Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting,Post-operative nausea and vomiting
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy 1-2 mg w/in 1 hr before start of chemotherapy, then 2 mg/day. Nausea and vomiting associated w/ radiotherapy 2 mg/day, w/in 1 hr of irradiation. IV Nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy 3 mg before the start of chemotherapy. May repeat up to twice w/in 24 hr. Doses should be at least 10 mins apart. Max: 9 mg/day. Post-op nausea and vomiting 1 mg, to be completed before induction of anesth. May be given up to twice daily for treatment.
Drug Precautions ::
Subacute intestinal obstruction or ileus. Moderate to severe hepatic impairment. Congenital long QT syndrome or other risk factors for QT prolongation (e.g. electrolyte abnormalities and cumulative high-dose anthracycline therapy). Pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Headache; sensation of flushing; constipation; hypersensitivity reactions; chest pain; CV disturbances; dizziness; transient visual disturbances. Rarely, liver disorders; development of seizures; extrapyramidal reactions.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Granisetron is a selective 5-HT3-receptor antagonist with little or no affinity for other serotonin receptors. It blocks serotonin in the chemoreceptor zone.
Drug Interactions ::
Phenobarbital may induce metabolism of granisetron.