Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name HITARGET Has Generic Salt :: Telmisartan
- 2 HITARGET Is From Company Panacea Priced :: Rs. 32.5
- 3 HITARGET have Telmisartan is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name HITARGET Has Generic Salt :: Telmisartan
HITARGET Is From Company Panacea Priced :: Rs. 32.5
HITARGET have Telmisartan is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Hypertension, Diabetic nephropathy
Drug Dose ::
Oral Hypertension Adult: Initially, 40 mg once daily, may be adjusted to 20-80 mg once daily if needed. Hepatic impairment: Mild to moderate: Max: 40 mg once daily. Severe: Contraindicated. Oral Cardiovascular risk reduction Adult: 80 mg once daily. Hepatic impairment: Mild to moderate: Max: 40 mg once daily. Severe: Contraindicated.
Severe hepatic impairment, biliary obstructive disorders. Pregnancy. Lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Hepatic insufficiency, biliary obstruction, renal impairment, renaly artery stenosis. Correct volume depletion before initiating treatment. Monitor serum potassium levels regularly, especially in elderly and renally-impaired patients.
Drug Side Effects ::
URTI, dizziness, back pain, sinusitis, pharyngitis and diarrhoea. Slight elevations in liver enzymes. Potentially Fatal: Rarely angioedema, rash, pruritus and urticaria.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Telmisartan is a nonpeptide AT1 angiotensin II receptor antagonist. It exerts antihypertensive activity by preventing angiotensin II from binding to AT1 receptors thus inhibiting the vasoconstricting and aldosterone-secreting effects of angiotensin II.
Drug Interactions ::
May increase plasma levels of digoxin. May increase serum lithium levels and toxicity. May reduce plasma levels of warfarin. Increased risk of hyperkalaemia w/ K-sparing diuretics, K supplements or K-containing salt substitutes. May antagonise hypotensive effect and increase risk of renal impairment w/ NSAIDs. Potentially Fatal: May increase nephrotoxic, hyperkalaemic and hypotensive effect w/ aliskiren in patients w/ diabetes and renal impairment (GFR <60 mL/min).