Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name LOVEX Has Generic Salt :: Lovastatin
- 2 LOVEX Is From Company Lupin Priced :: Rs. 33.22/65.42
- 3 LOVEX have Lovastatin is comes under Sub class Anti Hyperlipidemics of Main Class Cardiovascular System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hyperlipidemics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name LOVEX Has Generic Salt :: Lovastatin
LOVEX Is From Company Lupin Priced :: Rs. 33.22/65.42
LOVEX have Lovastatin is comes under Sub class Anti Hyperlipidemics of Main Class Cardiovascular System
Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hyperlipidemics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Coronary Artery Disease, Hyperlipidaemias
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Hyperlipidaemias; Primary prevention of coronary artery disease Initial: 10-20 mg/day at bedtime, may increase 4-wkly if needed. Max: 80 mg/day (immediate-release); 60 mg/day (extended-release).
Active liver disease; unexplained persistently elevated serum transaminases. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal impairment; inadequately controlled hypothyroidism; history of liver disease; alcoholism; patients at risk of rhabdomyolysis. Elderly. Monitor LFTs.
Drug Side Effects ::
Increased creatine phosphokinase; flatulence, nausea, dyspepsia, constipation or diarrhoea, abdominal pain; muscle cramps, myalgia, weakness; blurred vision; headache, dizziness; rash. Potentially Fatal: Rhabdomyolysis and acute renal failure.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Lovastatin reduces cholesterol by competitively inhibiting HMG-CoA reductase, the rate-limiting step cholesterol biosynthesis.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased risk of myopathy/rhabdomyolysis w/ amiodarone, colchicine, ranolazine, danazol, diltiazem and verapamil. May increase anticoagulant effect of warfarin. Potentially Fatal: Increased risk of myopathy and rhabdomyolysis w/ concomitant CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g. nefazodone, erythromycin, boceprevir, clarithromycin, telithromycin, HIV protease inhibitors, itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole, telaprevir), gemfibrozil, ciclosporin.