Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name MOXOVAS Has Generic Salt :: MOXONIDINE
- 2 MOXOVAS Is From Company Macleods Priced :: Rs. 43
- 3 MOXOVAS have MOXONIDINE is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name MOXOVAS Has Generic Salt :: MOXONIDINE
MOXOVAS Is From Company Macleods Priced :: Rs. 43
MOXOVAS have MOXONIDINE is comes under Sub class Anti Hypertensives of Main Class Cardiovascular System
Main Medicine Class:: Cardiovascular System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Hypertensives
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Initial: 200 mcg once daily, up to 400 mcg/day in 1-2 divided doses if needed after 3 wk. May further increase to 600 mcg/day in 2 divided doses after another 3 wk. Max: 600 mcg/day. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 30-60 Single dose should not exceed 200 mcg. Max daily dose 400 mcg. <30 Avoid Contraindication ::
Conduction disorders; bradycardia; severe arrhythmias; severe heart failure; severe ischaemic heart disease; history of angioedema; severe liver or renal impairment; Raynaud’s syndrome; intermittent claudication; epilepsy; depression; Parkinson’s disease; glaucoma. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal impairment; avoid abrupt withdrawal (if concomitant treatment with ?-blocker has to be stopped, discontinue ?-blocker first, then moxonidine after few days).
Drug Side Effects ::
Dry mouth; headache; fatigue; dizziness; nausea; sleep disturbances; asthenia; vasodilatation; skin reactions; constipation; depression; anxiety; anorexia; parotid pain; vivid dreams; impotence and loss of libido; urinary retention or incontinence; slight orthostastic hypotension; fluid retention.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Moxonidine is a centrally-acting antihypertensive. It acts in the brainstem through stimulation of central imidazoline receptors to reduce sympathetic tone. Moxonidine also has a low affinity for ?2-adrenoceptors.
Drug Interactions ::
Additive effects with other antihypertensives; may increase sedative effects of benzodiazepines. Effects may be antagonised by TCAs.