Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PREGNIDOXIN Has Generic Salt :: Meclizine
- 2 PREGNIDOXIN Is From Company Ucb India Priced :: Rs. 9.36
- 3 PREGNIDOXIN have Meclizine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PREGNIDOXIN Has Generic Salt :: Meclizine
PREGNIDOXIN Is From Company Ucb India Priced :: Rs. 9.36
PREGNIDOXIN have Meclizine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Motion sickness, Vertigo and Vestibular disorders
Drug Dose ::
Adult and Children 12 years of age & over: Nausea and vomiting: 25-50 mg daily or as directed by a physician. Motion sickness: Take an initial dose of 25-50 mg, 1 hour prior to travel. May repeat the dose every 24 hours for the duration of the journey. Radiation sickness: 50 mg administered 2-12 hours prior to radiation treatment. Vertigo: 25-100 mg daily in divided doses. Prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with emergency contraceptive pill (ECP) : 25-50 mg, 1 hour before first ECP dose; repeat if needed in 24 hours. The safety and efficacy for use in children less than 12 years of age have not been established.
Meclizine Hydrochloride and Pyridoxine Hydrochloride is contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to these ingredients.
Drug Precautions ::
Patients should be warned that Meclizine Hydrochloride may impair their ability to perform hazardous activities requiring mental alertness or physical coordination (e.g., operating machinery, driving a motor vehicle). Patients should avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this drug. Due to its potential anticholinergic action, this drug should be used with caution in patients with asthma, glaucoma or enlargement of the prostate gland.
Drug Side Effects ::
Drowsiness, dry mouth and, on rare occasions, blurred vision have been reported.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Meclozine blocks vasopressor response to histamine and has a slight blocking action against acetylcholine. It decreases excitability of the middle ear labyrinth and blocks conduction in the middle ear vestibular-cerebellar pathways.
Drug Interactions ::
Additive effects with CNS depressants, neuroleptics, anticholinergics, alcohol.