Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name RACOTIL Has Generic Salt :: RACECADOTRIL
- 2 RACOTIL Is From Company Cipla Priced :: Rs. 6.00/9.00
- 3 RACOTIL have RACECADOTRIL is comes under Sub class Anti Diarrheal of Main Class Gastrointestinal System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Gastrointestinal System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Diarrheal
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name RACOTIL Has Generic Salt :: RACECADOTRIL
RACOTIL Is From Company Cipla Priced :: Rs. 6.00/9.00
RACOTIL have RACECADOTRIL is comes under Sub class Anti Diarrheal of Main Class Gastrointestinal System
Main Medicine Class:: Gastrointestinal System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Diarrheal
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adults: PO: 1 capsule initially, regardless of the time of day. Then 1capsule 3 times daily preferably before the main meals up to 7 days. Children: The recommended dose is determined according to body weight: 1.5 mg/kg per administration, three times daily.
Hypersensitivity to Racecadotril, or to any of the excipients.
Drug Precautions ::
Chronic & antibiotic-associated diarrhoea, bloddy or purulent stools & fever, patients w/ diabetes, renal or liver impairment, cases of prolonged or uncontrolled vomiting. Pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Headache, erythema multiforme, urticaria, angioedema, vomiting, nausea, constipation, abdominal pain, thirst, vertigo.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Racecadotril increases the availability of endogenous opioids (enkephalins) by inhibiting the membrane-bound enkephalinase. These enkephalins activate ?-opioid receptors in the GI tract. This leads to a reduction in cAMP mucosal levels, resulting in a reducted secretion of water and electrolytes in the intestinal lumen.
Drug Interactions ::
No interactions with other drugs have been described in humans to date. In humans, the concomitant treatment of Hidrasec with loperamide or nifuroxazide does not modify the kinetics of Hidrasec. Incompatibilities: Not applicable.